Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Now we are on the train, I am typing this in word and will copy and paste it when we get to our hotel. We should be arriving to Rome in 15 minutes, had our train taken off on time, but we are still 1 hour away from Florence, which I guess is about 3 hours away from Rome. Our little cabin in the train is smaller than the flower bathroom, and we paid a few dollars extra to have it be a 4 person room instead of a 6 person room. I awoke several times last night to find the train sitting still. The sleep wasn’t too bad, we couldn’t hear a train whistle or anything, but we are in the caboose. Well, technically, there isin’t a caboose, we are just in the last car of the train. We are traveling through the mountains right now. At one point when I woke up last night, there was a bit of snow on the ground. I am most looking forward to arriving in Rome and getting to our hotel and relaxing. The couple that is sharing our cabin with us are Italian. They don’t speak any English. It is amazing how much you can still communicate without using words. I think that has been the thing I have learned the most so far this trip. Speaking is a very small part of communicating. Well, that is all for now. I will upload the pics we have from yesterday when we get a chance. I am really missing you kids and sometimes have to bite the inside of my cheek to keep from crying. But being busy and seeing all the sights and thinking about posting it and sharing it with you helps a lot. Be good, I can’t wait to ‘see’ you on oovoo tonight!! Love, Mom and Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment